Proposed FLSA Regulations: Get Ready, They’re Coming
The Department of Labor is in the process of finalizing changes to the regulations governing exemptions to the Fair Labor Standard Act’s overtime pay requirements, which were first issued in July 2015.
While the substance of the rule is not yet public—the final review can take up to 90 days—the National Association of College and University Attorneys, in cooperation with ACE, has scheduled a webinar May 11 to discuss what institutions can do now to prepare.
This webinar will focus on developing a team approach involving legal counsel, human resource professionals and other key personnel. Topics will include:
- A summary of the proposed regulations
- Building your team and your plan
- Considerations and implications of the new exemption standards—legal and human resource perspectives
- Application to specific higher education positions
- Where have we been and where are we going—the politics of the rule and the process
Click here for more information and to register.
If you have any questions or comments about this blog post, please contact us.