Title: COVID-19 Transfer, Mobility, and Progress: National Student Clearinghouse Research Center’s Update on Transfer Students
Source: National Student Clearinghouse
The National Student Clearinghouse released the third report in its COVID-19 series on student transfer patterns. Trends represent 8.8 million undergraduates, with 74 percent of colleges reporting data by February 25, 2021. Key findings include:
- Overall transfer enrollment for the academic year fell 7.9 percent.
- Transfer enrollment decline was 3.8 times larger than the pre-pandemic rate of decline.
- The upward transfer pathway increased in spring over pre-pandemic levels, while reverse and lateral transfer sharply declined.
- Transfer growth at public four-year institutions is strongest among Latinx students.
- Transfer mobility for male students declined more than female students, regardless of age.
Click here to read the report.
—Anna Marie Ramos
Leave a Reply